As an inspection company, if a charge(s) has been missed on an invoice that has already been submitted, supplemental invoices can be added.
1. Open the main invoice that has already been created
2. Click on the "Actions" drop-down menu on the top left-hand side of the screen and select "Create Supplemental"
3. At this point, you will be presented with a new invoice template to fill out
Once the supplemental invoice has been filled out and submitted, it should read "Supplemental To" at the top to show the main invoice:
The main invoice will then show "Supplemental Invoices" at the top to show any additional invoices that have been created beyond the main:
The first invoice that is created against the inspection worksheet will always be the main invoice. Any subsequent invoices created from that main invoice will be the supplemental invoices.
Please note that there are a few exemptions:
- If the main invoice is void, no further supplemental invoices can be created
- If the main invoice is void and a new main invoice needs to be created, the supplemental invoices must be voided and the invoicing process should start from scratch
- If an invoice is voided, it cannot be undone and a new, unique invoice number must be assigned to any subsequent invoices